21 and Over Only to Buy Wine.
Choose In-store Pickup To Order Wine Online.
We Do Not Ship Wine or Alcohol.
We do ship Everything Else!
The 12 Volts of Bodegas 4 Kilos is a wine produced on the island of Mallorca with a blend of Callet, Syrah, Cabernet and Merlot grapes. After a careful manual selection of the grapes, the must macerates and ferments in steel containers with a maceration of at least 20 days to extract color and aromas. Subsequently the wine is aged for 9 months both in large barrels and 60% in second or third use 225-liter barriques. The remaining 40% is aged in large 3000 liter barrels.
Guided by a garage wine mindset, Francesc Grimalt and Sergio Caballero launched 4 Kilos in 2006 with a modest investment of four million Spanish pesetas (the origin of the name) on a converted sheep farm. In 2009, Guia Peñin which is Spain’s most famous and comprehensive wine guide, named 4 Kilos its Winery of the Year. Today, their wines have achieved a cult-like status in Spain, with similar growth following in other parts of the world. Grimalt, a highly regarded oenologist and former partner of the Anima Negra winery (Mallorca), is known for rescuing the variety of the native grape Callet in the Balearic wine scene.
4 Kilos is dedicated to producing wines that reflect the strength of the grape and its nuances but with a unique approach and more modern presentation. True to their origins, the winery’s concept is based on sustainable viticulture, respect for the environment, and giving back to the community. In many vineyards, native vegetation cover is used to obtain more concentrated grapes, better ground porosity, and increased microbial population. The vineyards are located in different parts of Mallorca, the reason for which being that they do not belong to any particular DO. The varietals are planted mostly in soils Cal Vermell, a local name to describe the clay soil. The varieties that are grown are Callet, Cabernet Sauvignon, Fogoneu (Frances), Merlot, Monastrell and Syrah.
Denny & Katie
Your friendly neighborhood wine shop and tiny bar, focused on small production wines and conservas. Connect with us on Instagram for suggestions on your next bottle and to follow along in our downtown Lafayette wine journey.
Visit us to shop and hang in person or order online for quick and easy pick up.
210 EAST VERMILION STREET LAFAYETTE, LA 70501
Friday & Saturday
Closed Sunday & Monday