21 and Over Only to Buy Wine.
Choose In-store Pickup To Order Wine Online.
We Do Not Ship Wine or Alcohol.
We do ship Everything Else!
Cuvée Excellence Sancerre is made from a single 1ha estate lieu-dit “Les Bouffants”, planted with 60+ year-old sauvignon blanc vines located on a steep hillside just behind the village of Chavignol, one of the best terroirs of Sancerre. Densely-planted vines are guyot-pruned and a very steep, uneven terrain means all work in the vineyard is done by hand, with average yields of 30hl/ha. Low yields and careful farming give this wine incredible structure and fitness that place it alongside the other great single-vineyard wines of the region and will improve in bottle for at least four to five years. Cuvée Excellence is very limited with an annual production of approximately 3000 bottles.
Vigneronne Julie Noël is making some of the most structured, soulful wines in Sancerre. In contrast to many estates in an appellation not presently known for complexity, the Noël family maintains an incredibly passionate following in France from their reputation for making wines of intensity and grace. They are also known for their faith in indigenous yeasts for fermentation and clear communication of terroir. With 80% of their vineyards in the village of Chavignol and the remaining 20% in the village of Sancerre, they are making classic, terroir-focused wines and have risen to be among the very top family domains in Sancerre.
Denny & Katie
Your friendly neighborhood wine shop and tiny bar, focused on small production wines and conservas. Connect with us on Instagram for suggestions on your next bottle and to follow along in our downtown Lafayette wine journey.
Visit us to shop and hang in person or order online for quick and easy pick up.
210 EAST VERMILION STREET LAFAYETTE, LA 70501
Friday & Saturday
Closed Sunday & Monday